Skip to main content

Welcoming April 2022 at Magniflorious Private Homeschool Academy

 Welcome back! I'm so happy to be able to report our little seedlings, well some of them, have survived and are now planted in a small garden patch outside. Turks Turban Squash looks like it might survive and thrive, but we may have to replant cucumbers, nasturtium flowers, and sunflowers. Hopefully, today's predicted rain will encourage them to perk up. And we also hope to deter whatever animal tried to dig up my hard work yesterday. Y'all! I should've stretched before trying to work in the garden. XD


More Curriculum Changes

We started the year working on Chemistry with PACE workbooks. Those didn't work so well for Ro's learning perception. So we switched her to a workbook (The World of Chemistry) which allowed her to read sections and answer questions pertaining to shorter sections. There were fewer problems per lesson for her to solve. This made it less overwhelming for her. 

To sum up: If the curriculum you chose for your student isn't working, don't be afraid to change to something else. You and your child can work together to ensure your child's ultimate success. I believe the experience of changing things up now and again also helps a child to learn how to adapt to new situations and circumstances, even when changes are sudden. 

A Change of Venue


For a change, we decided to take a trip to our local coffeehouse to do a little work on our computers. Ro chose to do a bit of Bible study instead. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see her choosing to study God's gift to humans. My kids are, I think, farther ahead on the study of God's Word than I was at their age. And they didn't/aren't reading just to look good in our eyes. I know this because they talk to us and ask questions. They're seeking. And I know that since God never changes, He will keep his promises. He says if we seek, we will find. 

A Breath of Hope

And now for a breath of hope from the Bible...


Thank you so much for taking time out to read our short monthly update. I hope your spring classroom is filled with hope, joy, and laughter. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer is Upon Us! - June 7, 2022

Welcome back! Looks like I missed last month's post. I don't even know what happened. However, we've had to add kitten care to our usual busy schedule. So it could've been me just adjusting to the new norm.  Gardening Update I've got a few things to share with you today. First, our garden that was so beautifully green just a month ago is now not looking so great. It seems we had an entire colony of cowboy bugs ( click here to see what they look like , except the ones in our area are usually all black) move into the beautiful, green and yellow squash patch. I can't really blame them. It  was  the proverbial land of milk and honey, after all.  My sunflowers suffered a similar fate but from what, we aren't sure. We found some other kind of flying insect I didn't recognize. My dad, who's been gardening in this area for as long as I can remember, hasn't ever seen them before either. Their backs are black or a very dark brown. Their bellies, which we n

A New Season is Here!

 Yep. It's time for another blog post. And even though I knew it was coming, I'm late posting it anyway. Will I ever be on time? *sigh*  via GIPHY Our Crazy Year So Far My hope was to have this prepped, ready to go by yesterday evening. Here's the rundown of what's been happening in our family since the turn of the new year.  First week of January - husband gets laid off from most lucrative job he's ever had Within days - oldest daughter is in her first major wreck (as a passenger and while far enough away from home we couldn't actually get there to be with her...thankfully, she and her friends were ok after some time had passed) The next week - hitherto unplanned trip to visit with family who are close to where oldest daughter is staying so we can pick her up when she's ready to come home the next week - pick up oldest daughter and head home the following day First week of February - husband surrenders to the ministry The very next morning - we learn husban